
My husband and I took our 3.5yo daughter to Orlando and got back yesterday—Disney and Universal of course. My rule of thumb for theme parks is “It all ends in tears.” This was my experience as a child, (I’m not ashamed to say) as an adult without a child, and just my observations over the years. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth going.I have to say she really surprised me—we had a few little upsets over things she wanted to buy but overall she was SO good about it. Was even quite thoughtful about the souvenirs she wanted!But the best was yesterday waiting in the Orlando airport. To kill time I took her on one last tour of the shops. We were in Disney and she says, “Daddy look!” and races over to a bin of toys from Frozen II—I prepare my self and start off with “yeah those are the...” Before I can finish, she plunges her arm into the bin of stuffies and pulls out a train engine being driven by Stitch (of Lilo and Stitch). So I switch gears—she loves Stitch—and am like “Oh that’s Stit...”“This doesn’t belong here!” she exclaims and hauls ass to the other end of the store to put the train back on the shelf with the other Stitch trains that I hadn’t even noticed earlier.Didn’t ask for a damn thing. No tears leaving the shops or the parks—she continuously astonishes me and I can’t believe how lucky we are! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3951jXj
No comments:
Post a Comment