
I've never been huge into Christmas, at least not until my daughter was born. Her dad and I split up when she was still a toddler, but the excitement of Christmas stayed. One of my favorite things about Christmas is the stockings. I just love the little gifts and candy. The only downside is, you can't really stuff your own stocking. I mean, sure you can, but that takes the fun/magic/whatever out of it.This year a friend and I were shopping and talking about stocking stuffers and I made a comment that I loved stockings but never got one because it would be weird to stuff my own. I could take my daughter to buy things for me and have her do it, but "Santa" always does the stockings so I don't think that'd go over well. Well imagine my surprise last night when I go to do the stockings, mine has stuff in it. I thought for sure kiddo had put notes or something in which is something she loves to do. Nope! There was candy and small wrapped gifts and socks. I sat there crying happy tears and immediately texted my friend. She had been taking care of my dog the weekend before and must have snuck in the stocking stuffers.I don't like to admit how hard the little things are when you are a single parent. It feels stupid, but those little gifts meant the world to me. Can't wait till kiddo gets up and we open our stockings.Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and happy holidays! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34Y76dM
No comments:
Post a Comment