
So I am at my first day back at work (teacher) when the daycare calls that LO has a fever. So I leave and pick up LO and my two older children and take them home. Fever is about 100 so I let him take a nap and figure maybe it’s just a virus. Check on him later and his fever has gone up to 103.5 and he has horrible diarrhea all over his pamper, my bed, etc. Decide since dad is out of town all week I better take him in just in case.So here I go on my trip to the dr with three kids in tow. LO (19 months) throws up on the way there. Okay lucky i brought extra clothes.In the office now and LO is screaming not feeling it. Drinks some water and calms down a bit. Dr knocks on door and almost instantly he vomits all over me, himself, the floor and everything in the area. Three times he vomits. I feel like I am frozen. I am covered and baby is covered. Dr gets something to clean floor while I clean LO. Okay now time for DR to check LO and he starts screaming. He does not want his ears checked or his breathing checked.BUT then 4 year old girl starts screaming and crying because she wants attention. Spinning on dr chair until dr removes chair. Still crying trying to get attention. so now have two kids screaming and crying at the same time while I try to talk and answer dr questions.Then my 7 year old boy who is usually well behaved sticks his finger down his throat and makes himself throw up in front of the dr while he is checking LO. No I can’t make this up.At this point I feel mortified and like a horrible mother whose kids are out of control. I am so embarrassed.I am done. I tell my husband to pick my body up at the morgue.Dr was great tho and acted like it didn’t matter. LO did test positive for strep (so I am sure we will all be sick soon). Managed to get the medicine and get home with no further episodes. Both older kids are now sleeping and little one is all drugged up and eating finally.So that was my first day back at work, hopefully it’s not a sign of what’s to come. ;)TL;DR took LO to dr and older kids acted up and made the visit absolutely horrible. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/33LSH53
No comments:
Post a Comment