
My daughter is three and until recently was sleeping in the bed with us. We had her sleeping in her crib when she was younger but regressed during vacations, illness, etc. I was really fed up with having her in there with us so on the spur of the moment (probably means I read about it somewhere) I came up with a plan to get her to sleep in her own bed.I told her firmly it was time to sleep in her big girl bed and then laid out a system for her. If she was in her bed and lying down, me or Dad would stand right next to her and pat her back. If she was in bed but not lying down, we would stand across the room. And if she got out of bed, we would leave the room entirely.It took a couple of nights for her to get it but now she gets into bed on her own and lies down right away. She seems to fall asleep more quickly now, too.Now if only I can get her to stop making me check for toilet wasps every time she uses the bathroom... via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/33T90NF
No comments:
Post a Comment