
My son is 10 and recently started going through the changes. We started something called “man talk” where we speak in plain English about things he has begun experiencing without repercussions or any judgement (because honestly we all went through it). Yesterday he mentioned to me an issue he’s had the last 3 days where when he thinks erotic thoughts he does not get an erection. Asked him if he’s been playing with it and he laughed so, yeah, he’s been playing with it. Told him “I know you just discovered your new favorite toy but you have to give it a break or you’ll end up damaging the nerves, it not getting hard is your body telling you to cool it for a few days”.Now personally I never had a dad around or anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff so I’m just winging it. He appreciates the straight forward-ness of our talks but it’s so frickin weird talking to your kid about this kind of stuff. Since it feels as weird as it does I’m inclined to ask, am I doing this right? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KnSIDm
No comments:
Post a Comment