Sunday, 3 February 2019

My daughter may be being bullied by her teacher?


Throwaway.My daughter is a very quiet 9 year old. She has been well liked by her teachers all throughout school because she is a polite and respectful little girl. She is shy and doesn't have many friends at school and has experienced a little schoolyard bullying by her peers in the past. I think this may be why she is being targeted.I first suspected something was very wrong when I was picking her up at the end of the day a few weeks ago. My daughter was the last to leave the classroom, being spoken to by her teacher. While I waited to collect her, 4 children, some of whom are not even in her class or year at school informed me that my daughter had been in trouble today. I asked my daughter about it at home and she didn't want to talk about it. Eventually she told me that everyone knew she being told off because her teacher made her stand up in an assembly (with her entire year group and two year groups older than her) and had told her off. She is being accused of hurting another student, she says it was an accident in play and I am biased but am inclined to believe her. I went with her the next day and spoke to her teacher about it, and she came home in tears and told me to never get involved again. Apparently her teacher had made her miss her lunch break and berated her for telling her mum about what had happened.Outside of this incident, my child has received more lunch time detentions and complains of being told off and punished more than she ever has been before. It mostly seems to be this teacher who is has an issue with her. One incident that particularly concerned me was one where she was daydreaming in class when her teacher hit her desk with a heavy Bible, making her jump and had the entire class laughing at her and tormenting her for the rest of the day. She says that her teacher has made so many comments about her to her class that when she is called to the front in her other lessons the other children laugh at her.It is horrible being in this situation as a parent. She's started to pretend she is sick to try to avoid school, she has started to misbehave more, and refuses to speak when this teacher talks to her because she is afraid of the class bullying her. This has made her seem like she is causing issues and being disruptive in class but her other teachers have said she's lovely at my recent parents evening. I have spoken to her head teacher who doesn't seem to see an issue with any of this, but the other mum's I've spoken to say that it is clear she is being targeted by her teacher, and some even say this teacher has made their own children cry. The majority of the parents say their kids love him though, and that he gets along with most of the kids. If this is the case why does my daughter leave his class in floods of tears most days? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2WFsK3u

No comments:

Post a Comment