
My son is almost 20 months old and is the absolute opposite of me. My husband and I are generally reserved, quiet, longer type people. We aren't energetic, outgoing, etc. A great day to us is sitting together reading, playing card games or video games, and just relaxing overall.Our son? I have never ever seen him sit still longer than 4 seconds since he was 6 months old. He doesn't play with toys, just picks them up, throws them, grab next toy, repeat until he screams about having no more toys. He runs around the apartment all day. We have tried to see what would happen of we didn't force a nap on him. The result? He never runs his eyes, never gets tired, just keeps running and eating and screaming. He doesn't speak yet due to needing tubes (getting them Wednesday) so I have absolutely no way to communicate with him except frustrating points and grunts on his end.I am a daycare teacher. I work in every room, infant to 4 year olds. I enjoy it. I have so much patience for those kids.My son? Zero. I am tired of him after 5 minutes. I hate going places knowing we have to bring him. I dread family parties knowing I have to chase him around for 5 hours while everyone oohs and awwws at his "free spirit." Someone asked me what would be a dream vacation for us and I replied, "one where he is being watched by family members so my husband and I can sleep at home for a week."He was a shit sleeper his entire life so far. I blame it on we can't afford to give him his own room so we room share. Finally the last few days he slept through the night and took long naps. I decide to go to bed early because we have to get up early annnnnd now he's awake and screaming at me.I'm tired of the tantrums, tired of the lack of sleep, tired of him. We want a 2nd kid but our son is a nightmare to us. We won't say it out loud but we hope if we have a 2nd they aren't anything like him.I love him but I really don't like him. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2D80az7
No comments:
Post a Comment