Thursday, 24 January 2019

She finally did it!


I can't tell you how relieved I am that my oldest has finally done it! She's finally decided that she no longer wants to wear diapers and wants to poop on the potty full time! We're still doing the pull-ups at night until she stops wetting herself, but we're so finally relieved that she's finally going where she should be going.I had asked before on specific things to do for her: none of them worked. We did the colored charts. We did the praising loudly and proudly. We did the rewards system. We did the "sit on the potty with a diaper on." It all came down to one thing; she just wasn't ready to move onto pooping on the potty. The stubbornness won out. It helped that our daycare center director told us that some kids are just so stubborn that you have to just give up on pushing and let them come to their own conclusion. Looks like I'm going to have to start using that method for when she really digs in her heels on something else. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Uhk55A

No comments:

Post a Comment