
I work full time, go to school part time, and take care of my 11yr old. Lately I've been really flustered and stressed. I've been explaining to my son that he needs to start doing more around the house and being more independent. I told him he needs to start setting his alarm, and making his own lunch for school. Long story short this started argument, not about doing those things though but about how I was "getting onto him". In any case we both got upset and I ended up leaving for work in a huff. When we both got home he apologized, we hugged and he has since started doing the things I asked of him. This morning he had made my usual breakfast shake for me, and was packing his lunch when I got up. It warmed my heart that he did all that himself. Then while making his sandwich he stood there for a second and I was like "Everything okay?" and he says "Yeah, just admiring my sandwich." Which just made me beam even more. I'm so proud of him. It made my morning. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Mxz3BI
No comments:
Post a Comment