Tuesday, 22 January 2019

Kids can need deodorant before starting puberty. For the sake of their teachers and peers, please teach proper hygiene before it's needed.


I just saw this pop up on the teachers sub and I remembered how much of an issue this was back when I was teaching elementary and middle school. So many kids come to school without deodorant or without deodorant applied properly. I have realized that a lot of parents connect body odor with puberty but this is an issue that can happen before puberty. Sometimes way before puberty.My oldest is 7 and isn't smelly yet but we have started talking about proper hygiene. Have them help with laundry, don't let them miss too many showers, show them how to properly wash their body and hair, and teach them to use deodorant and how to apply it. Their teachers will thank you. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2DskFI7

No comments:

Post a Comment