Wednesday, 23 January 2019

How do you and your partner deal with different opinions when it comes to discipline?


My kid has been whining a lot recently. I dont think it’s a behavior that is okay to have so what I would do is tell her I dont understand her when she’s whininh, tell her to talk to me instead, then step away. This usually works with her. However, my husband thinks it’s unkind and will alienate her. My husband likes to talk to her, hug her and assure her, then try to figure out what she wants (ex. Keep asking her questions like, “do you want to get food?”, “do you want to watch something”). He does this until he hits on what she was crying about. See this also works because she will stop whining, but I think it validates her whining. Like it’s okay to whine to get what she wants. Now this is just an example but we differ on hundreds of discipline/coping methods. I can show him an article or a study but you bet your ass he will find another one that will support him. Regardless of who is correct, how do you guys come to a compromise on different parenting style? Or how do you figure out which method to implement on your kid? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2DtjW9p

No comments:

Post a Comment