Friday, 25 January 2019

Desperate for sleep help


I have 2 littles, ~1yo and nearly 3yo. I used to work night shift, and the toddler would always wake up when I got home (between 12:30a-1:30a), and then we got to the point where she would wait up for me. At this time baby was still newborn and only sleeping on increments of 3 hours. Unfortunately he has since picked up her sleep schedule. He still wakes every 3hrs or so but for about 12 hours the goes back down after nursing. I stopped working in September and yet for the life of me I can not get them to go to sleep any earlier, and I'm getting desperate.We have tried a dedicated night routine : dinner, bath, play, quiet time, bed. Didn't work. Tried waking up earlier and that either works temporarily (they find a way to make up the lost sleep) or makes it worse(when bed time comes it ends up being a nap and they're up even later). Tried cutting nap time (for the baby, toddler doesn't nap) but that also doesn't seem to help and leaves me with a fussy baby all day. The only option I haven't tried is keeping them up later and hoping eventually we make our way around the clock, but that's going to be difficult because husband works first shift.It's 5:00 and I finally just got both down for bed because apparently when baby went down at midnight it was just a nap, and so another 3 hours had to pass before he'd go back to sleep.Any suggestions, I'm desperately in need of a good night sleep, and some quality time with my husband would be nice too. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2FZiI7r

No comments:

Post a Comment