Thursday, 4 October 2018

What is the easiest way to wean a very attached toddler off the pacifier?


My daughter is going to be 3 years old in a couple months, and we haven’t been successful at weaning her off her binky habit even after multiple attempts. I’m about to just throw away all of her pacifiers and be done with it, but I’m dreading the process. I know it will be really difficult as she “needs” the binky to go to sleep. She is also full-swing in a tantrum and “terrible twos” phase.Her life can be a bit stressful as I am a full time student and also work part time, and my spouse works full time and also struggles with chronic illness. I think this plays into her need for the comfort of a pacifier.I also nanny another toddler who uses a pacifier, which has been throwing a wrench in our plans whenever she’s almost weaned off it, and then she sees him with his binky and looses her sh**.I’ve also heard that taking away the pacifier too abruptly can lead to a thumb sucking habit, which I want to avoid. Has anyone experienced this?Have you gone through this experience before? What tips helped this process be successful? Does anything make it easier?Who knew this would be such a struggle. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Qs2UMH

No comments:

Post a Comment