Thursday, 4 October 2018

Need advice, I have no clue what to expect or what to do.


TLDR at bottom.So, some background information to start with.I am stepdad. Both kids (13f and 9m) are my wife's from her previous marriage. They do not have any contact with biological father. This is mostly by his choice. He does not pay any child support although he was ordered to. Neither kid has seen him in more then 6 years, and neither shows any interest in it. To both of them I am dad (by their choice, no one has ever told them they have to call me dad). They have had some rough issues for a few years, with wife's stepdad. We moved them out of state, and then just recently bought a house, so they now have a good stable home, with no more moving.​Please forgive me if any of this comes out garbled, I am a bit worked up and worried right now. I am also new to this subreddit.​Today my wife got a call from our daughters school. We needed to come in and pick her up immediately. My wife rushed in and I called my boss to let him know I was leaving work early. I get to the school and get ushered into the conference room with my wife, daughter, and school counselor. It turns out that 13F had reported to the counselor that she had been hearing voices for the past week saying things like shes worthless, mean, and shouldn't be around or didn't belong. She also told the counselor that she had tried cutting herself a while ago on her side, but it is healed and you cannot see any sign of it. These voices are loud and apparently were giving her a headache. If we had heard any of this before hand we would have gotten her therapy already.​I don't know much about things like this, but I know enough to know its serious. The school is requesting that we get her a full mental health evaluation done immediately, before she returns to school. They did refer us to a crisis counseling center and we have made an appointment for her to be seen tomorrow morning. After the appointment we are to call the school and schedule a reentry meeting with the counselor and administration.​Me and the wife are scared obviously. Our daughter was having issues and wasn't bringing them to us, which is a concern. I am also scared of what the issue might be.​Has anyone gone through anything like this. What should we be expecting from the therapist, and what should we expect from the school. Is this something we need to worry about overnight? She hasn't really acted to out of the ordinary at home, but has seemed a bit sad. I chalked it up to her cat dying about a month ago (old age). Does anyone have any advice?​TLDR: Daughter reported hearing voices in her head at school. Therapy appointment has been made for tomorrow. Has anyone had this happen before, and have any advice. Wife and I are petrified.​​ via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2O4tfDH

No comments:

Post a Comment