Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Sad and scared - need support


I have a 3 year old and currently we are going through a rough time as my husband is overseas. He is the preferred parent so she isn’t too happy to be left at home with me. I’m currently going through some medical checks, it seems likely I have a chronic pain condition (currently undiagnosed) and I also suffer from anxiety.My daughter is a bright, switched on, beautiful little girl. But since my husband has been away we have had daily screaming tantrums. I cannot do anything to soothe or calm her and I fear she will hurt herself. She really scares me. I feel like an awful mother and to be honest have been regretting ever having a child. I struggle to keep my patience especially with the pain and fatigue I am experiencing. Tonight everything came to a head and I saw red and I smacked my daughter on the bottom so hard, leaving a big red mark. I was so angry and exhausted. I just snapped. I was shouting and she was screaming and I really just lashed out. I put her in bed and left her to it and eventually she crept out to me to say she wanted to be a good girl. I told her I was sorry for hitting and subsequently tucked her in and sat with her as she fell asleep.My heart is breaking. I lost my own mum aged 6 and I have no idea what I am doing. I seriously feel if my husband came home and I walked out the door and left she would be so much happier. I can’t believe I hurt my baby and at the same time I am so afraid I would do it again.I just need some support, advice, anything really. I feel so alone and lost here. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yb3AyA

No comments:

Post a Comment