
I recently bought a potato masher. Guess where the fuck it is? In my kid’s hands, being used as a... something. Magic wand? Cattle brand? Who knows.I told him he couldn’t have it when I bought it. But then he asks Dad, and Dad says sure! Because wtf does Dad care? He’s fun time party boy! I told my husband I already said no and he says “it’s ok, I’ll buy you another one.” What? First of all, no you won’t. Second of all, why? Why spend more money when you could actually parent instead?I have no measuring cups or measuring spoons. I’m down to one spatula. Cups, utensils, my personal things. Dad lets them all become toys. His answer is always just “I’ll buy you another one!” Fuck that. I picked out the measuring cups and spoons because I liked them. It was a whole set in a cute theme and color that came with a cute liquid measuring cup with a lid. Wanna guess where that measuring cup and lid is? You don’t know? Yeah neither do fucking I. I assume they’re all at the bottom of the toy box (because did I mention my husband never stops buying actual toys either?) and I am not up to the task of emptying it all out and filling it back up to maybe find my stuff.It’s not my son’s fault, I don’t blame him. He’s a sweet kid who just wants to have fun. I love my husband too, but sometimes when I need something I rage on him in my brain.TL;DR: my husband is gonna have to settle for baked potatoes tonight because he’s a jackass sometimes. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HXH9Rz
No comments:
Post a Comment