
My family (my wife, me and a two year old) like to stay in AirBNBs or other vacation rentals when we travel. We are careful to ensure that the property has a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector listed as part of the "amenities". However, at the place we're currently staying, there is no detector (despite the listing saying it has one)! This has gotten me thinking about safety in general. Even if there's a detector visible, we are trusting the owner has installed it properly and that it is still within its lifespan.Consequently, I've been thinking about purchasing a detector that I can bring along as a safety backup when on vacation. I know that the overall risk is extremely low (compared to all the other things that can happen).Does anyone else do this, or am I being too paranoid? I think you can get really small, egg-sized detectors, so they shouldn't take up too much space in a suitcase. If you do this, I'd also appreciate suggestions for particular models that work well for travel. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tbUUsv
No comments:
Post a Comment