
When baby daddy left us a year ago, I could no longer afford rent and so my mom moved in with me and my now 18 month old son. Things have been good, not perfect, but we make due. Considering she's 57 and her 2 kids are grown she does pretty well with a toddler. She has a good career, great friends and family, is active and overall happy (despite waking up with my son at 6am every day and not having as much space in our small house as she would like). We make it work and have a lot of fun.However this last Tuesday she fucked up. She strictly drinks socially. She has driven home many times when she probably shouldn't. This had never been a problem but Tuesday she drove home wasted, hit something (a median I'm guessing) with her car which blew both tires on the left side, made it home somehow and went to sleep. She doesn't even remember driving home. It was only 9pm so she is so incredibly lucky she didn't hurt someone or get a DUI. I was asleep for all of this. She got it towed and it's going to be $900 to fix it. She has to borrow half from me, luckily we just got our tax returns.I've been trying not to beat her while she's down, she is very remorseful, embarassed, etc. She is dwelling on what could have been, as she should bc it could have been a complete disaster. She has been crying on and off for 3 days. She got a rental and I thought things were okay but this morning she packed up her car and took off for Colorado!!! That's a 10 hour drive so she's staying the night and coming back tomorrow apparently. She said she needs to clear her head, that this has really bothered her to her core and she needs to figure out how to get herself out of it and do better in the future.I don't know how to feel about any of this. I don't know whether to be mad or worried. I don't know how to deal with this or approach her when she gets back. I feel like this is such a rash, dramatic, childish way to deal with what's happened. I feel like I'm suddenly living with a teenager. I know people make mistakes, even at 57, but damn. ☹ via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FkeR57
No comments:
Post a Comment