Sunday, 4 February 2018

Parents of working teens, have your kids physically fill out a 1040EZ to help them understand the tax refund process better


After I’d worked my first job, my mother made me do my very first tax return form as paper.It taught me quite a bit about doing my taxes, and understanding the way it worked.If they have a bank account, they can still have the money wired there, or you can have them ask for a mailed check. (Teach them delayed gratification, two birds one stone!)Even if you don’t have them file through the mail, actually filling out the form is a great tool to understanding how the process works, and if they have any questions, the form has answers on it!I’m very grateful for my mom making me do this, because I’ve been able to fill everything out, year after year, with minimal questions. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EeMLYp

No comments:

Post a Comment