
I am a Dad of a 13 yr old boy. My only discussion regarding sex with him so far has been like this.I was doing dishes, he was watching tv. My wife was out of the house. I gathered courage to broach the topic.Me: do you realize your body will change as u are growing into adolescent My son: ya, so.... Me: it can be a difficult time - sometimes confusing given there are many sources of info for you My son : really, do we have to talk about it Me: No. I want you to know that I am there for you if you ever want to have a chat My son: yup !End of story. I grew up in India. I never talked to my Dad growing up. I would like to know kind of conversation I should be having with my son?What are some of the most helpful conversations u have had as a parent or young adolescent? What was it about ? How did you go about it - like setting a date and time for it or spontaneously, inside house or outside, with Mom or without? Any help on the topic will be appreciated. .I want him to grow up enjoying his sexuality as well as balancing it with studies. He is going to high school next year? Should I set sexual boundaries? When should I talk about it? Should I talk to him about masturbation? I want him to be guilt free about it. I fear if he has not got started on it - would it not be confusing for him? Would love to get your inputs. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nHwd0V
No comments:
Post a Comment