Sunday, 4 February 2018

Is something wrong with me?


I’ll start off simple, I have a newborn about a month old and I have no connection with them. During the pregnancy I felt there was constant dread and doubt. I had really bad depression, which I both ignored and got help for. Giving birth was really hard on me. I have chosen to breastfeed and I feel like that is the second biggest mistake of my life. It’s been mind numbingly painful. I often feel annoyed or upset that I have to do it. I know it’s the best position to be in, so I keep pushing. I feel like everything is just meaningless and has no point. All I do is round the clock make sure things are ok. I feel as if it’s wrong to complain. I’ve wanted to bond with this child but I feel nothing.I actually co-sleep because of how often he needs to be fed and I’ve read that’s supposed to create a bond, but nothing. I’ve been faking it because I also read they mimic your reactions and that’s how they learn. So I smile and kiss him but it’s all empty.Everything has been beyond stressful on me and even with the support I have, I feel alone. Is there something wrong? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nIr3le

No comments:

Post a Comment