Monday, 19 February 2018

"I don't want to know if our son is different"


I'm constantly feeling like my son is different. He's one and I'm question his behavior everyday, He's overwhelmed extremely easier. He's first birthday was a disaster. He spent the entire time screaming and clinging to me. No one was allowed to even look at him with out him screaming. He didn't even want to be approached by his grandparents. It took hours to calm him down and didn't eat for the rest of day. Every time we visit my family is screams the entire time and doesn't want anymore near. He has extreme fears of everyday noises. He can't stand cars driving by, the garage or the vacuum. No matter how many times he hears them he'll scream at the tops of his lungs and run away. He just started using gestures about two weeks ago and said his first word which just happens to be "thank you" So I was starting to call my crazy, he must be "normal" if he wasn't he wouldn't be talking. I figured everything must be in my mind.Until last night, he spent bath time arranging his fish toys. Blue, green, purple. He would take the them down and place them back in the same order. He didn't this for maybe 10 minutes before I called out to my husband "when are we going to have him tested for autism?" He said "I don't want to know. I can already hear myself saying it's okay he's autistic."I completely understand where he's coming from. When people question my son's behavior, it would be so simple to say oh he's autistic.My son hates loud noises and people and rather he's autistic or not these are problems that need to be addressed one day. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EDS5BP

No comments:

Post a Comment