Friday, 22 December 2017

Split parenting duties


Navigating parenting while married is HARD. Way harder than I thought it would be. We had numerous pre-baby convos about how our lives would be, and what type of parents we wanted to be.Now that we are here, our parenting style differences cause frequent flare ups. He is more stern, I am more lenient that I thought either of would be.Our recent discussion involves whether as the parent, you choose to do necessary child-rearing task if you have help. AKA if you have family in town, do you let them do meal prep, wake up routines, put to be routines, etc. I feel strongly that this is our responsibility, so even if we have help, I stay to "help" the help. He takes the opportunity for someone else to do it, even if that someone else is me. When we discuss it, he feels I am the anomaly because I have this strong desire. I feel it is our responsibility at their parents. For reference, we have two preschool age littles. For several nights in a row, he is fine if he is not involved in the bedtime routine. I get frustrated that I am left to do it alone or to be with our family. I try very hard to never skip two night time routines in a row unless I am travelling. We do take trips together as a couple as we are very blessed to have family willing to help.Just wanting to get a feel for what others do. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BALlH6

No comments:

Post a Comment