
Hopefully you're ok with me posting this here, but i know there's people out there that understand how I feel. Husband and I have a son who turned one last month. I was always very adamant that I would be child-free, but I absolutely adore this little boy. I'm a stay at home mom and husband works full time.I got used to the obnoxious people during my pregnancy and was able to fend off the weirdos that wanted to touch my bump etc. I've gotten used to people giving unsolicited advice and all that too, whatever, it's pretty easy to deal with.However, I'm so tired of the comments I keep getting from my husband, my MIL and sometimes even my own parents. Obviously being a SAHM, my son sees me all day every day and knows that I'm the one he can trust. I am incessantly hearing things like "he's too attached to you" or "he doesn't want to spend any time with me"...yet when I leave the room to have some alone time and let my husband have his own time with our son, I'm met with eye rolls and exasperated sighs. Or I have him thrust into my arms the moment he starts fussing. I've also gotten comments from my husband about not working as hard as he does, and one that made me snap was "when you get a job, we will be equal and then I'll change him". Lastly, I do still nurse him throughout the day in addition to him eating solids and it's very much a comfort for both of us yet I'm getting chastised for not having him weaned yet. In the words of my MIL "at this rate, he'll be chasing after you when he's like 8 years old because he wants you to nurse him"I'm at the end of my rope.I'm sorry that this is so long, but i needed to vent somewhere. If anybody has suggestions for shutting down this behavior, PLEASE feel free to share it.TL;DR - 13 month old son, nonstop comments about him being too attached and getting chastised for still breastfeeding. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BXbLCp
No comments:
Post a Comment