
Hi! I've known my stepson since he was 5 and at that point he slept primarily in our bed on the 3 nights a week he's over. He's with us a mix of week days and weekends, so it's hard to just have one routine. Usually we eat dessert, he puts on his PJs/puts clothes in the hamper and brushes his teeth. We'll give Dad a goodnight kiss, then go upstairs and he gets into his own twin bed in our bedroom and I read from a chapter book until he falls asleep (usually 15-30 minutes). He's pretty good about not getting into bed with us until it's light out and if I wake up when he's getting into bed and ask him to sleep in his own bed, he does no problem.My question is how do I help him transition to sleeping in his own room which is downstairs from the master bedroom?Do I keep sleep rules/routine? Relax that? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tNXYq3
No comments:
Post a Comment