Friday, 21 April 2017

16 year old daughter is such a picky eater. I don't know what to do


My daughter is a really picky eater. For breakfast, she only likes plain or chocolate pancakes. She won't even try cereal or blueberry pancakes, she just says they look disgusting and won't touch them. And she doesn't think pancakes are good unless they're drowned in syrup. I've tried giving her cereal for breakfast, she refuses to eat it and she seems to rather go hungry. For lunch and dinner she'll only eat turkey bologna sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta/spaghetti with red sauce, chicken, mac and cheese or catfish. The only vegetables she likes are broccoli (which she'll only eat if her dad makes it) and salad (but no salad dressing). If we take her to a restaurant that doesn't have food she likes, she won't order anything. If we try to make eat her a certain food, she just stares at us and won't say anything. She won't even eat ice cream (she doesn't like that it's cold) or any dessert that has nuts in it (she hates all nuts). She'll only drink water, mango juice and cranberry juice. She won't drink soda or tea. She went to a summer program this past summer for two weeks, and she called me at one point and told me she felt lightheaded. Come to find out she hadn't eaten anything all day because there was no food that she liked and she flat out refused to try anything. I don't know what to do with this child. I'm afraid she'll starve when she goes to college. I've told her to make her own food, but she refuses to do that, too. She's sat at the dinner table refusing to eat anything she didn't like and would not make her own food. We've had to give in and make food for her because we didn't want her to starve. What do I do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2pNs2AM

No comments:

Post a Comment