
You can read the original post hereSomeone had asked for us to post an update, so here goes!So I ended up buying both purses. She opened the Guess purse that she wanted on Christmas morning at my parents' house and she was ecstatic. She actually handled the Christmas eve and Christmas morning events really, really well.After lunch at my parents' house, we went over to my husband's parents' house for dinner & presents. Presents started at 10pm, and while my family was generous, my husband's large family went way, way, over the top. She opened the Michael Kors purse, and as expected, she loved it. She loved pretty much everything, and even the things I could tell that she wasn't crazy about, she handled really well.While the presents were really over the top, I could tell that the what she was paying the most attention to was the people- she hung on everyone's words, and was happy to give out hugs and talk and sit with aunties and uncles. Gift opening ended around 3am (crazy, I know, but this is the norm for that side), and the hardest part of Christmas hit- she cried and cried that we would have to go home (about 5 hours away) from her new family. We're working on that.Bringing it back to the original post though, I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's advice. Giving her the purse she wanted first was a great choice, and I'm glad you urged me to listen to my gut that this was, in fact, a big deal.Overall it was a really great Christmas for everyone, and it really solidified many great relationships for her. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iwAX6A
No comments:
Post a Comment