Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Sudden separation anxiety in social 4 year old.


My 4 year old daughter has always been very social, loves playing with other kids, loves talking to everyone etc. Shes been in gymnastics since she was 2 and loves it. She started school back in September and loves it. Well the past 2 weeks shes been crying at the slightest thing and having trouble during drop off. We had to take her out of gymnastics, something she loves, because she just stopped participating and clings to me the whole time and cries if we make her go out to the floor. Shes started doing the same thing at drop off time at school she clings and cries. This is completely the opposite of her personality. Theres been nothing I can find to trigger it either. No new sibling, no divorce, no move, no illness. I dont know if this is a social issue or more of a separation issue. I myself have social anxiety disorder along with some other mental illnesses. Any advice? Any reassurances? Anyone who experienced the same thing? Is there something we can do at this age to get help? Im not talking medication im talking anything else. Am I just being too paranoid? Ive tried talking to her and I dont think she even really knows whats wrong. Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jYWBDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment