Tuesday, 24 January 2017

New Baby Girl and The Relentless Screaming


My wife and I just had a new baby girl, two months ago. She's amazing. She's beautiful, her little giggles and smiles are infectious and I love how she holds my finger while she sleeps.We have two other children a three year old son and an eight year old girl. However, this one is a little bit different.She's a banshee. She cries every time she's put down. If you have to use the restroom, grab a soda from the fridge, what have you, she immediately starts catterwalling and doesn't stop until she's picked up again.Now, mind you, my other two were not the best babies in history, but they were never like this.I realize that every child is different and they all come with their own little personalities and minds, but I'm getting frustrated.I hate to feel this sinking feeling every time I hear her make a noise, knowing that it's about to become world war three in the living room.I can't change who she is and I don't want to. Her personality is hers and I wouldn't want to change that. But, how do I stop being so frustrated about this?I don't like the feeling I'm having where I want to avoid her. It makes me feel like garbage because I'm starting to resent her. I know this isn't okay. I know how I feel is not okay. I just don't know how to not feel like this.My wife and I are on pins and needles. The other two children can't play for fear of waking up the baby and it's causing a rift in our otherwise happy family.Any advice would be happily received. I want her to be a part of our family, but I don't want any of us to resent her. She's a good baby. She's just really REALLY outspoken. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jtdRgW

No comments:

Post a Comment