
My son's birthday is Aug 24th. To qualify for kindergarten here, kids have to be 5 years old on or before Sept 1st, so he just barely makes the age cut-off. I don't know if I should send him to Kindergarten in the fall or not.Academically, he is very bright. He can already read independently. He knows all 7 continents and most of the states. He can do some additional and subtraction. I'm not worried at all about him keeping up with the other kids in that regard.Emotionally/socially, he's very much a 4 year old. He goes to pre-school right now and his teachers and I have talked about how he's doing. He still needs help resolving conflicts and problem solving. He gets upset and emotional about stuff when it doesn't go his way. He's always been a very sensitive kid.Honestly, it's not Kindergarten that I'm worried about. It's late elementary, middle and highschool when he's the youngest, smallest, and least mature kid in his class. Both myself and my husband struggled to make friends and were kid of quiet and awkward. I don't want to make it anymore difficult than it needs to be. On the other hand, if we wait, he'll be 18 already when his senior year starts, which can come with it's own issues. I know the older kids in my highschool were so sick of living with their parents, that they acted out more than some of the others.I'd love any advice to help me make this decision. Kindergarten "round-up" is in April, so we have to know by then. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2keDORX
No comments:
Post a Comment