
So my son saw a neurologist who diagnosed him with mikd tourrettes (he has some clear ticks, stutters, and grunts). His mother is completely against any type of medication and unfortunately I was unable to make the neorology appointment so I received all the information second hand.A little info, I have physical custody, Mom and I share legal custody.His mom says the doctor explained that medication wouldn't be good because he could grow out of it ans we should not explore any medication but rather control through diet. He struggles big time in school. His teacher said at our last PT conference "its like he isn't even a student" he is in 3rd grade. He spent half the day today in the principles office.He struggles in extracurricular activities as wellm i coach his bball team and he cannot focus on what is going on in the game.I want what is best for him and I think we need to get more advice from another doctor so he is able to focus in school and outside school? What should I be doing from here? How can I best help my son?Tl;dr son is struggling in school, mom won't explore medication after tourettes diagnosis. What should I be doing? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jkUEjL
No comments:
Post a Comment