
My 7 year old daughter goes to sleep in her own bed in her room with no problems. Sometime, usually between 2 and 3 AM, she wakes up and crawls into bed with me and my husband. Sometimes I sleep through it, but more frequently she moves around, pushing her body up against us, and it's really hard to sleep with her there. It effects our sleep and generally makes us crankier and unhappy.We've talked with her many times about how it's time for her to sleep through the night in her own bed. I tried rewards for doing it (didn't work). When I bring up that she should start sleeping in her own bed, she cries and says that she wants to but she "just can't". She says that she wakes up in the middle of the night and is afraid she will have a nightmare. Apparently just the thought of having a nightmare scares her so much, she feels she needs to be with us. I think there is anxiety overlying this fear.I want to be there to comfort her and reassure her emotionally but we also need to sleep.-How normal is it for a seven year old to do this? -Does anyone have any experience with this?Thank you for any helpful comments/ideas. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iZqdRA
No comments:
Post a Comment