Friday, 4 November 2016

Parenting (developmentally delayed preschooler and baby) sucks today [Support]


I'm done.My preschooler is three standard deviations below the norm in speech. He exhibits echolalia. His pronunciation is poor. He has sensory problems. He falls down the stairs for the sensations it gives him. He hates his hair washed or hair cut. He doesn't realize how rough he is so he hurts his baby brother and snaps crayons in half. He barely draws circles. He doesn't get the concept of drawing a picture. He's allergic to half the planet so he can't even enjoy something simple like a piece of pizza. All he eats are pasta, rice and French fries for meals. He's stopped eating cereal with milk in it.I just get really fucking depressed sometimes. He's in a great preschool that integrates him and he's happy to go and he's still invited to birthday parties...but I'm told some kids are scared or annoyed by him. That he needed extra guidance. That he couldn't have the snack for the day. Etc ad nauseum.I see the way the other kids talk and play and just die a little inside. I want nothing to do with him some days. I love him immensely, but there are days when I just feel like I got shafted. Like I feel I have had a bad enough hand and shouldn't have this too (he was an IVF pregnancy, then had a miscarriage before his brother, and lost his brother's twin).His 8 month old brother is also allergic to half the planet. I'm still breastfeeding so have a strict elimination diet (no dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, or tree nuts). He also apparently thinks sleep is for the weak because he spent his day practicing standing in lieu of napping.I can't complain to anyone I know because a cousin just had a baby who has a massive congenital heart defect. I'm supposed to be praying and supporting her while I'm falling apart here over stupid shit.I don't know guys. I need sleep, a hug, and a shower. :-( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2flhuXz

No comments:

Post a Comment