
I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried googling some of our issue, but nothing comes up.My kid seems too relaxed. For instance he'll sit at a table for a very long time and never squirm. This sounds like a good thing, but it's weird.Today I put him in a giant pile of leaves and he just laid there looking at me. Not trying to get out, not trying to play or squirm, just kinda accepted where he was. I saw this and it's been bugging me, "wtf" it was very odd.He's never tried to stand up in his crib.He doesn't squirm on the changing table.He doesn't walk yet. And some times refuses to even try.He's in physical therapy for the walking already, he had a weird army like crawl and we got him in PT to work on crawling normal and walking. They said that he hadn't lost a lot of his "baby reflexes"Took him in for his 18 month check up and the doctor had recommended we take him to a neurologist because of the walking. He said it's just precautionary and that a lot of times with boys things just "kick in" at 2 years old for some reason. But we feel he was just trying to soften the whole "take your kid to a specialist" conversation.Some things I've Google'd point to cerebral palsey, but not a lot of the symptoms are present.His speech and fine motor skills seem just fine.We are at a loss and my wife is crying herself to sleep every night. Has anyone experienced this? Any good outcome? Any advice?Help us make sense of this.Thank you.Edit: this was submitted from my phone, I apologize for any spelling or formatting errors via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eB02gf
No comments:
Post a Comment