
I have a young son and it really upsets me when strangers try to "parent" him. I don't mind when a close family member or his teacher (he is in preschool) parents/disciplines him (because we are all working on the same page) but when a stranger does it it really gets under my skin. My son has a learning disability and is not quite able to talk just yet...he says a few words and can string together very short sentences but he almost never understands what people are saying to him.The other day my son left a toy out at the store and I went to put it away for him while telling him that we don't do that. Another older person saw me and told me that I shouldn't be picking up the toy for him and actually snapped at my son to go pick it up. I was in such shock I didn't even know what to say...I knew my son had no idea what this lady was telling him so it was quite pointless for her to try and discipline him anyways. I don't know, it just made me upset and I'd like to hear some opinions on this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eKLBEb
No comments:
Post a Comment