
My (almost) 5 year old son knows that his cousin (25M) used to be in jail. I've always talked about it in vague terms--"He broke some rules so he had to go to jail." Tonight my son wanted to know which specific rules his cousin broke and why it was bad enough to warrant jail. The real story is that my nephew went to jail for statutory rape (he was 18, closeted gay, and experimenting with a guy he met on craigslist who he didn't know was underage). I have no idea how to appropriately explain any of this to my son. We haven't even had the birds and the bees talk yet! I tried to brush it off and be vague again, but he's pushing for details. My son is very persistent, inquisitive, and always wants to know the details about everything. I don't think he's going to drop this one. I'd love any suggestions! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2flGkUG
No comments:
Post a Comment