
I would like to preface this with the fact that I keep easily accessible breakfast items within reach. I do not mind if she wakes me up for help with food. I work in a restaurant and work later sometimes and it takes me time to wind down. We have tried to explain that on weekends is the few days a week that mommy and daddy get to rest, but she continues to be loud. She has always pretty much come into my bedroom and watched TV in the mornings when she wakes up (her dad sleeps in the living room, he doesn't like our bed, and he's MUCH more irritable about being woken up than I am). I don't mind being woke up sometimes but it's beginning to really push my buttons. We have a new(er) cat that purrs so loudly you can hear him across the room who wakes me up if he's in the bed. She brings him into my bed, turns the TV up, sings and talks, ect. Now for a while she was waking me up to ask if she could play phone games or Animal Jam (both of which I have to wake up for because she needs my password), but I now have said if she wakes anyone up asking for those things they are off limits for at least today. Today I took away the morning TV and said not to turn it on. Okay, I've said that one before but I have also not been sleeping well lately due to a medication change so it's hard for me to remember until I am fully woken up. She told me she keeps "forgetting" I have asked her to stop coming and playing on my bed and turning the TV on. I am going to be unplugging the TV and cable box probably covering all the plugs with masking tape at night for a while.It's getting to the point where I am really close to grounding her to her room each day that she wakes someone up. Am I being too extreme? Again this isn't occasional and it's not 5 minutes before time to wake up for school. It's an hour or so before its time to wake up. I have had issues falling asleep before 1-2am lately , we wake up at 7:45AM. Needless to say every bit of sleep is precious to me right now. When this was maybe once a week or so it wasn't so bad but it is becoming a daily occurrence. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fKYWQQ
No comments:
Post a Comment