Monday, 3 October 2016

My 5 y/o daughter seems to be testing me when I am in a rush. What to do?


My oldest daughter (the 5y/o) Just started school and has been racing through life. I often remind her to slow down, be more careful, smell the roses, and every once in a while and that think things through. Doesn't really bother me as she is just being a child and enjoyingMy youngest (4y/o), is more like myself, a little laid back, likes to wake up early to have more time to enjoy the little thing but, I tell her "okay now I am in a rush I don't have time to ___" and she understands, she'll limit her questions, attempt to work as quickly as possible and speed along me to ensure she is not lagging behind.My oldest (5 y/o again) however, get this almost depressed/confused/apathetic (not to sure how to word it) look on her face and sssllllloooooooooooooooooowwwsss the fuck down. I don't yell at her, or try to show any stress I may be feeling and it happens so infrequently I don't understand why she would take 1-2 minutes to do everything little thing , 1-2 minutes putting on sock, shoes, walking to the car opening the door, buckling herself in getting out of the car, etc.I just got a fitbit and have been timing myself for other things and today I timed her and she was litterally take 1-2 min for things that takes seconds, it doesn't really affect my everyday life as I am generally on time. But, she only acts this way when I ask her to hurry up when I am slightly off schedule and I don't think that I am stresses her out with my demeanor as the few times that I really didn't have time I'd hold her hand or just pick her up and carry her.I won't lie that shit pisses me off when it is happening so much I don't say anything out of fear of flipping out on her. Why does this speed demon do this to me when she never seems to run out of energy in our everyday life?It even happened today as I dropped her off at school, which is why I am asking her to see if anyone else my has had my problem and to ask before I forget. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dyHSMr

No comments:

Post a Comment