
Okay so some background - my teenage daughter who is 14 is a very possessive person. She can’t share hardly anything with her younger sister, even hobbies and interests. When she gets into a cartoon or singer that her little sister (11) then starts to enjoy because she’s shown her, she loses interest and gets upset about it. She’s also incredibly possessive over her things. One time I did her little sisters hair with some black hair ties that are all over the house, and the older one said that they were hers and made her little sister take them out of her hair without me knowing.Today I realized she had taken some eyeliner I received from an online makeup subscription. I usually give her the stuff I don’t end up using anyway, and was thinking about giving her this after trying it out. But I had not communicated that to her yet, and later found it in her room on her desk while I was gathering dishes.I told her that I was disappointed in her and that she should never do that again, but I’m still very bothered that she should see everything as hers without being considerate of others. I’m also hesitant to do anything more because in quarantine our lives are already a bit of a living hell. So I’m very torn - does anyone have any suggestions for long or short term consequences, or any advice whatsoever? I didn’t take things from my mom but maybe you did and have a good perspective? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VHRtES
No comments:
Post a Comment