
You have to know the back story so I apologize from now.October of 2018 I left my husband of almost 8 years with our almost 4 year old son. He was devastated. My husband was very physically, mentally, emotionally abusive towards me and in front of our son. He suffered from depression and self medicated.He was up all night and slept all day, while I would work and take care of our son.October to April was literal hell of back and forth and my husband and his family manipulating our son. April 2019 I got an OP and my son didn’t see his father for a month. I removed our son from the OP a month later so he could visit with dad but kept mine until July 2019. His father and I did not talk at all between April through July and my son knew it. August of 2019 his dad started getting really sick. His visits of every other weekend and every Wednesday suddenly turned to just every Wednesday. I remained civil and even took our son to visit him twice at the hospital and offered day time visitation on his weekends. He was just too sick. 12/4/2019 was the last time my son spoke with anyone from his dads family and the last time he saw his father.On 12/5/2019 I had a great heart to heart with his dad and on 12/6/2019 a family friend called to inform me that his father had committed suicide. My son and I did not attend the funeral, we were still legally married so I signed for his body but allowed his family to plan everything. They basically threatened me if I went and I didn’t want any issues.My sons behavior has entirely changed and I don’t know how to help my sweet sweet boy. I feel so awful as his mother for putting him through such a rough life and not leaving sooner.His fathers family has not reached out at all regarding our son and I am not reaching out. They slashed my car tires in January and fought me through the police department for his fathers cell phone but otherwise no contact.My son is always throwing tantrums, crying over the smallest things, etc.He is in therapy, I bought him books about loss and death and always encourage him to speak.I’m just at a loss. Any suggestions are appreciated via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kkd14U
No comments:
Post a Comment