Saturday, 18 April 2020

Good news for parents who are embarrassed with flatulence


I don't know how many people are like me, but for the longest time I have been somewhat embarrassed if I ever pass gas in front of anyone. Usually I do my best to make it silent (praying it's not silent, but deadly).Raising my young daughter has definitely helped me get over many disgusting bodily functions, such as changing dirty diapers. It's been great.But nothing has been so life changing as farting in front of my 4 year old daughter (almost 5). I don't specifically know when I stopped holding myself back and making it obvious, but nowadays I have been doing it a lot. She bursts out laughing every time. Of course I say "excuse me" and she says "you're excused" to teach her about respect, but it has literally been one of the most life changing experiences from having a child and has been the greatest confidence builder in my whole life.It's sorta silly, but I absolutely felt like this is something worth sharing to other parents who are the same as me. Give it a try one day. Even if you aren't comfortable doing it in front of your spouse yet, give it a try with your child. Make sure to excuse yourself to teach them how to react to that situation themselves, but otherwise just do it. Also, we call it "pooting" instead of "farting". I always felt like the word "fart" is really intense and somewhat barbaric sounding.Additionally, it might help stop her from treating gas passing in the same embarrassing manor I was taught when I was kid.TL;DR: I pass gas in front of my child openly, which helps builds confidence. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kdnu2c

No comments:

Post a Comment