
My daughter is 4.5 and although she’s normally a delight of a child, I find that I’m losing my cool with her. She’s been giving me an attitude lately which I’m able to control my discipline quite well. But she’s been purposely scratching her 2.5 year old sister, and I tend to lose my shit when I see her do it. Obviously the 2.5 year old is a handful, it’s the age. But when she’s starting to be willful, my 4 year old will purposely scratch her. I’ve never laid a hand on my child in my life, this isn’t learned behavior. But I can really raise my voice when she does it, till the point that she reacts in a fight-or-flight response. It kills me to see her hiding like that, so then I feel awful. But seriously, she can’t scratch people! I’ve talked to her about this SO many times, how her sister is younger, about walking away, about getting help from mommy, about talking to her sister, and sometimes she’ll be great and just walk away... sometimes. I read that yelling at kids has the same Psychological response as hitting, but how am I supposed to not yell when catching her in the act. What would you do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3cqMyyS
No comments:
Post a Comment