
So, it’s 4:30 AM now and I’m getting tired now and I’d like to sleep. But earlier, around 3:30...I sat in bed for hours and couldn’t keep my eyes shut for 10 seconds without getting frustrated. I have bad ADHD and with that, comes bad insomnia. I put on my VR headset and played a game that might make me tired called Beat Saber. (It involves a lot of quick movement.) I’d been playing for about 10 minutes until my father barges into my room, raging out of his mind, reaches for my headset and pulls and pulls on the cable which is still plugged into my expensive PC, he then throws it at my PC and it falls to the ground before picking it up again to pull on the cable again. I said, “you have to unplug it” and I unplugged it for him. He then pointed his finger at me and said, “YOU GONNA WASTE YOUR LIFE AWAY ON THIS THING?” (i’m 15 years old. during COVID-19 quarantine) I said “No.” he said “THIS IS GONE ALL DAY!” and walked out of my room. At first, I’m not angry at all. I regret what I did, but at the same time I just wanted to fall asleep. This is the second time he has taken my headset away for being up late at night/early in the morning. Last time I was sitting in bed talking to a friend about emotional stuff in VRChat. Days earlier he and my family were talking about my cousin David who my father likes to compare me to when I make a mistake. They like to compare my grades to David’s, even though he likes to brag about getting an D- or a C in all his classes. Anyways, David’s parents caught him at 4 AM lifting weights and playing with workout equipment. They didn’t care at all. I brought it up before he left my room with my headset in his hands and he said “I DON’T CARE” Everyone in my family thinks I’m the worst kid in all the grandkids. David has terrible grades, talks back to teachers, curses in front of everyone including parents, and uses the N word very frequently. (Not that my family cares, they are conservative and white. Not my business.) I just don’t know what to do anymore. If my father thinks I am a bad kid because I’m playing a game at 4 AM on a weekend, I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know if I want to put anyone at fault, but for now I’m going to blame myself because it’s not like my dad ever does anything wrong. Thoughts? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KdHG47
No comments:
Post a Comment