Sunday, 23 February 2020

When you're child is asked to by a friend to go somewhere that costs momey...


Edit I fat fingered Momey for Money😂😂😂For background I have 4 kids 17,15,12 & 8. This particular situation relates to my 12 year old. He was invited by his best friend's Grandpa to go to an indoor zipline facility. The place is $27.95 US for an all day pass.My question is, when you invite one of your child's friends to accompany your family on anything that involves money(movies, arcades,laser tag etc) do you pay for them? I always do, since I did the inviting. If I didn't have the money to cover the extra expense I just would't invite the friend.In yesterday's case I ask said Grandpa via text "How much money will xxxx need?" I expect him to say something like "Don't worry about it, my treat" or something of that nature, especially since I don't have his grandkid pay for anything when he is with us. Instead he tells me it's $27.95.I find this to be incredibly tacky and would be pretty embarrassed if my Mom or Dad did this with any of my kid's friends. Am I the judgemental asshole here? For the record money isn't an issue and I sent my son with $30 and he had a great time. It just doesn't sit well with me and I find it to be a little tasteless tbh.Your thoughts? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2unbua2

No comments:

Post a Comment