Sunday, 23 February 2020

Ex partners rights to the baby


Hello, I'd like to know if I can reduce my ex partner rights (Parental responsibility) in the UK, to our child? I mean, the child is living with me anyway, his father does not want to see him to often,he's changing his days when he suppose to visit our son quite often, he's reducing the hours or he's not coming to see our child at all, he forgot about child's medicine when it was extremely important to not miss any of his tabs, which was unacceptable in our child's situation then. I feel like he does not care about anything, but at least he's paying the money monthly. He has problem with helping me out with the baby's needs, there was a couple of situations when I couldn't work because of him, I needed to call sick quite often in December, because he didn't showed up on the days which we agreed he will be coming. When our child went to emergency he didn't even was to interested what happened just asked if he's okay now and that's it. I don't see any reason to have the same rights for both of us, as I look after everything like appointments at the doctors or dentist etc and look after the baby. Everything's on my head. I don't want to take over all his rights, but I'd like to be the only one who can decide where the baby is living, or to go for a holiday for more than 28 days without his permission. He's about to be back from his holiday, he promised our son to ring him often.. He rang once and I didn't see it, I've replied after half an hour 'sorry I've missed your call because I was preparing the dinner' and he was like 'okay'. He didn't call back then, and later.. Our son is asking about him and I'm fed of those excuses and lies that he's at work. I'm not going to move out out of England or anything, I just want to make all the decisions by myself and have permanent days, when he will be coming. Because I'm a single mom, and I have nobody to help me out with the baby (except of him) and my sister which is working full time and have a son herself. I can't afford it. I'm afraid one day I might just lose my job because of his irresponsibility. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/39WBRCP

No comments:

Post a Comment