
I’ve post here before and I’ve gotten some amazing advice. I’m married with a 7yo step son. He’s a good kid, his bio dad isn’t really in the picture. Long story short, he moved out of state when my SS was 2 and sees him maybe 4 times a year, last year he only saw him twice. We’ve gone through great lengths to assure they have a relationship, even when I feel it seems more damaging than helpful, I still let my SS call and we’ve even given him an open invitation to come visit or call whenever he wants. We’re pretty much at our wits end with the entire situation especially after yesterday. I picked my SS up from school and we were playing a game he made up on the ride home, when he stops laughing and says to me, “I don’t think my dad loves me.” I had no clue where this came from as we don’t ever speak negatively about his dad in front of him. I asked him why and he says, “He never tries to call me or some see me. I miss him but I don’t think he misses me.” Before I could reply my wife called (my car has Bluetooth so he saw who was calling) and he excitedly asked if I’d answer because he wanted to tell her about his day. I told my wife about it and we’re both struggling with what to say to him, we plan to talk to him about it tonight but we both have no clue where to begin. I feel like this is something that definitely shouldn’t be ignored. Any advice? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NWdgpo
No comments:
Post a Comment