Monday, 6 January 2020

Overwhelmed & Heartbroken by these Toddler years


Let me preface this with saying that I'm 35 weeks pregnant so I'm probably hormonal to begin with.My 2 year old son has for the last week been hell to deal with. Crying, screaming and throwing himself around and basically in tantrum mode 24/7. Fighting me and screaming for an hr or two every time it's time for a nap or bed time. He's normally the light of my life (cheesy AF i know) and brings me joy every time I saw his face, but lately I feel such a disconnect from him because EVERYTHING i've tried cant seem to quell his tempers. I took him on a walk to go to the park today and he started thrashing and screaming the minute we stepped outside, and here I am trying to keep my cool while cars are passing by when I really just want to scream "what the fuck is going on with you?" I'm embarrassed and ashamed that this little boy who I felt such a bond with and could calm down no matter what is making me so angry, upset and short tempered. I feel like a terrible mom and have no freaking idea how I'm going to navigate life with a toddler and a newborn.I guess just looking for a forum to vent, get some words of encouragement. I feel so tired, mentally and physically, and feel like I just want my little boy back. Sorry if that sounds stupid. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2N1GKSa

No comments:

Post a Comment