Saturday, 4 January 2020

My fiancée walked out today, what do I tell my 9 year old daughter?


I also posted to relationship advice, but wanted some parent advice too.We were together for 3 and a half years, engaged for one. I am beyond devastated. He’s been increasingly withdrawn for months, I have tried everything to fix this. Ultimately he said he doesn’t find me attractive, and although he still loves me he wants to see other people and have other relationships. He said he wasn’t willing to fix this relationship. He’s in the Army, so he packed up his stuff and left for barracks.My daughter considers him her dad. She has been away for two weeks with her biological dad on holiday. I pick her up in five hours.I cannot believe he didn’t stay to see her or say goodbye.What would you do in my position? What can I say or do to help my daughter through something this? He is the only man she has ever seen living with us and being a father to her...this will be harder on her than when her biological dad left, because she was only months old and has no memory.Any advice or comments would help me a lot. I’m in shock at this, I didn’t think he would leave, or leave like he has. I’ve been sobbing and lying in bed just devastated, but I have to get my head straight before I go pick her up. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QQKfMa

No comments:

Post a Comment