Saturday, 4 January 2020

2 year old had a breath holding spell last night


He got real mad, did the "silent scream" thing that kids do, then fell over and appeared to have a seizure. We took him to the ER and he was diagnosed as having a breath holding spell. He's fine now.It was just terrifying. It was the most terrifying experience of my whole life. While he was lying on the floor, unconscious and body rigid and turning blue, so many thoughts ran through my mind. So much blame and guilt and fear and panic. The horrible feeling of not knowing what to do and not being able to help. I had yelled at him, that's why he started crying to begin with. So if he got hurt from this, it was definitely my fault.We're all okay now. I just hope this never happens again. I never want to relive that panic. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QngNP4

No comments:

Post a Comment