Friday, 3 January 2020

I don’t like being a parent


I love my daughter but I don’t like being a parent. I was a young father, (22 when she was born, now 27). I have been there for her since day 1. The mother and I are not together, and I generally spend my time with my daughter alone. When I do have her, I just don’t enjoy it as much as I should. All the silly kid games are just exhausting to me. I constantly have a headache when she’s around. I try to stay patient but I lash out at times. She’s a great kid, so friendly and fun and caring. I just feel guilty that I don’t put as much effort into parenting as I should. I never wanted this and I feel like I’m stuck doing something I wasn’t ready for. Thanks for listening to my rant. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2N8U47t

No comments:

Post a Comment